After Rick's exciting visit to Yuma Regional, all is well, he was in the hospital for 2 nights, nothing was found that was any different after another angiogram, so no idea why the cardiac emzynes were rising. Oh well....
So, as of April 1, we'll be on our way to Massachusetts to work for the summer of 2010. Will post more on that later.
Remember the "Rick and Lucy Show: We're the Rick and Pam show, almost as much fun!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
another trip to the cath lab :(
What a way to start the new year!!! On Thursday morning (1-7), Rick woke me up by breathing funny, like he was having a bad dream and running, snoring along the way. Couldn't get him to stop snoring, turned back over with my pillow over my head, and all of a sudden, WHOA, I couldn't wake him up!!! My nightmare of nightmares!!! I jumped up and checked his sugar, WAY LOW, tried again to wake him, ran to the fridge to get the emergency shot, mixed it and gave it to him, he didn't even flinch, and his muscles were seizing up. Can you say Diabetic Coma!???
Gave the emergency shot and waited about 10 mintues, still no response, so dialed good ole 911 and got the ambulance rolling. By the time they FINALLY arrived, 20 minutes and another phone call has passed. I had called a neighbor to have them go to the gate and let the ambulance in, his wife came over to see if she could help, and Rick was starting to respond to me now. Very very scary!!! He still couldn't talk, but could listen and respond slightly to my talking to him, telling him everything was fine, etc. EMT finally got in to him, got him sitting up and wham, major nausea hit him, side effect of the emergency shot. Another 2o minutes later and they had him walk out to the gurney, and put him in the ambulance, and he didn't dare protest, I'd of killed him. Those of you that keep up with this blog know that last year after having an ambulance respond, he refused to go to the Casa Grande hospital and Medicare in their infinite wisdom deemed the ambulance "medically unnecessary" since he wasn't transported, so he knew he was going this time.
Arrive at Yuma Regional, where the ER doctor and staff quickly got Rick stabilized and ran lots of blood test, one being for heart attack emzynes. Lo and Behold, it came back elevated, so they decided to admit him for observation and keep an eye on those levels.
This morning Rick was ready to leave with or without doctors blessing when they finally came in and told him what was going on, the emzynes kept rising, not a good thing. They did arranaged for him to have another visit to the cath lab (#15) and thankfully nothing showed up that would be causing the emzymes to rise. No stent was inserted, and all looked just fine, so it is one of those medical mysteries why the emzyne keeps rising. Oh Well, so if everything goes as planned tonight and he behaves himself, he should be able to come home tomorrow, a few blood cells lighter (testing every couple of hours) and continue on with life.
Just another great adventure in the life of the Rick and Pam Show!!!!!
Gave the emergency shot and waited about 10 mintues, still no response, so dialed good ole 911 and got the ambulance rolling. By the time they FINALLY arrived, 20 minutes and another phone call has passed. I had called a neighbor to have them go to the gate and let the ambulance in, his wife came over to see if she could help, and Rick was starting to respond to me now. Very very scary!!! He still couldn't talk, but could listen and respond slightly to my talking to him, telling him everything was fine, etc. EMT finally got in to him, got him sitting up and wham, major nausea hit him, side effect of the emergency shot. Another 2o minutes later and they had him walk out to the gurney, and put him in the ambulance, and he didn't dare protest, I'd of killed him. Those of you that keep up with this blog know that last year after having an ambulance respond, he refused to go to the Casa Grande hospital and Medicare in their infinite wisdom deemed the ambulance "medically unnecessary" since he wasn't transported, so he knew he was going this time.
Arrive at Yuma Regional, where the ER doctor and staff quickly got Rick stabilized and ran lots of blood test, one being for heart attack emzynes. Lo and Behold, it came back elevated, so they decided to admit him for observation and keep an eye on those levels.
This morning Rick was ready to leave with or without doctors blessing when they finally came in and told him what was going on, the emzynes kept rising, not a good thing. They did arranaged for him to have another visit to the cath lab (#15) and thankfully nothing showed up that would be causing the emzymes to rise. No stent was inserted, and all looked just fine, so it is one of those medical mysteries why the emzyne keeps rising. Oh Well, so if everything goes as planned tonight and he behaves himself, he should be able to come home tomorrow, a few blood cells lighter (testing every couple of hours) and continue on with life.
Just another great adventure in the life of the Rick and Pam Show!!!!!
Friday, October 23, 2009
Warm, sunshine, and ?????
We've arrived at Pilot Knob RV Resort for the winter now. It's just across the CA border from AZ and about 1 mile from Mexico. So we get it all, Border Patrol cars, trucks and choppers, Chopper from Yuma Proving groiunds, all in all, alot of flyovers each day, but we are at least here and no problems coming down from Fall City, WA !!!! HURRAHS!!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Through snow, wind, and altitude
We're in Pahrump now for the next two weeks. Temps are low 80's days to mid 50's nights and SUNSHINE!!!! We went over 7ooo feet on the way here, stayed a night at that altitude and totally felt it!!! We saw 4-6" of snow, none on the road thank goodness, it was so beautiful!! Didn't see too many animals as we don't tend to travel early mornings or late evening when they tend to be moving. In Ely NV, the hunters are out looking/shooting so the elk, deer, pronghorn, and anything else are really skittish!!
So, here we're going to sit for a couple of weeks (Till the 22nd anyway) then probably go to Bullhead City, then on down to Yuma for the winter.
So, here we're going to sit for a couple of weeks (Till the 22nd anyway) then probably go to Bullhead City, then on down to Yuma for the winter.
Monday, October 5, 2009
On the Road again
We got tired of trying to wait out the winter storm warnings in Montana, so are heading south via Pendleton, OR down to Pahrump (about 4-5 days, so going slowly) to get farther south to warmer weather. Oh well. We're both disappointed that we couldn't do the Montana route, but didn't want to take a chance of getting caught in snow and having to sit until it clears. Maybe next spring we can come back that way back to doctor appointments in Bellevue.
Good traveling weather today, sunny and in the low 60's, stopping at Pendleton tonight at the Wild Horse Casino for the night, then on southward tomorrow and the next couple of days.
Good traveling weather today, sunny and in the low 60's, stopping at Pendleton tonight at the Wild Horse Casino for the night, then on southward tomorrow and the next couple of days.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
On our way, FINALLY!!
We left Fall City on Friday, Oct 1, and stopped in Cheney, WA (near Spokane) for a couple of days. We went and had lunch with a good friend, Sharon, at Red Lobster (thanks Sharon!) and enjoyed our visit with her. We can tell we're a a higher altitude (2500) as both our lungs are telling us. Rick still isn't feeling the greatest (coughing can really take alot out of you) and the weather on the route we wanted to go isn't cooperating, so we decided to stay at Ponderosa Pines in Cheney (membership campground, gee, that K/M membership is earning it's upkeep fees) until the winter storm passes through Butte, MT as we want to try a different route going south this time. Sooo, we'll be here till Monday or Tuesday, then make the run to I-15, just west of Butte to start heading south. From there down to Pahrump, the weather looks real good, sunshine all the way.
Yesterday (Saturday) we drove about 10 miles or so to Turnbull Wildlife Refuge and did the Auto route through there. Nice refuge, but most of the wetlands were dry. WA state sure needs some rain to make up for the dry summer, but from the sounds of the weather forecasts, they'll get it in snow again this winter. Strange climates going on!
More later
Yesterday (Saturday) we drove about 10 miles or so to Turnbull Wildlife Refuge and did the Auto route through there. Nice refuge, but most of the wetlands were dry. WA state sure needs some rain to make up for the dry summer, but from the sounds of the weather forecasts, they'll get it in snow again this winter. Strange climates going on!
More later
Saturday, September 26, 2009
We are FINALLY Getting to leave the Seattle area!!!
Rick got the finally clearance from the heart doctor and we'll be leaving the 1st of October to start heading south for the winter. We accepted a job at Pilot Knob, for the same person we have worked over the summer with, and will be there around Nov 1. We'll be in Pahrump for a couple of weeks, something around the 6th or so, hopeing to meet up with Kay/Doug Knight on their way to Oregon for a couple of weeks, and us going a different way to Las Vegas!!
We went to the airport and met the girls from Bulgaria as they had a short layover (Eva & Simono from Alaska 2008) The two blondes looked GREAT, nicely tanned, although some peeling action going on and we really enjoyed the visit with them. They'll head to Houston, then to Chicago for two day, then on to Bulgaria to return home. We sure enjoyed seeing them again and we'll post pictures in the next couple of days.
We went to the airport and met the girls from Bulgaria as they had a short layover (Eva & Simono from Alaska 2008) The two blondes looked GREAT, nicely tanned, although some peeling action going on and we really enjoyed the visit with them. They'll head to Houston, then to Chicago for two day, then on to Bulgaria to return home. We sure enjoyed seeing them again and we'll post pictures in the next couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)